Code of Conduct
BERKSHIRE REC SPORTS PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
The sports programs emphasis is on enjoyment and developing individual skill as well as team play. This is not to say that winning is not important, but it should not be the primary aim of the program.
As a parent of an athlete we feel that the essential elements of character-building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship, respect, responsibility and caring. The highest potential of sports is achieved when completion reflects these elements.
I therefore agree:
1) I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game and practice.
2) I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
3) I will teach my child that doing one's best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
4) I will abide by the 24 hour policy. If I have a complaint or concern regarding my child, I will not discuss the situation during a game, practice or in front of my child. I will inform the coach that I have a problem and would like to speak to them the next day (24 hr).
BERKSHIRE REC SPORTS PLAYERS CODE OF CONDUCT
As an athlete, you are responsible for adhering to the following guidelines and regulations. The purpose of these guidelines and regulations is to help you achieve both individual and team goals, developed individual skills as well as an enjoyment of the sport. This is not to say that winning is not important, but it should not be the primary goal of this program. It is a privilege to play for your team.
I therefore agree:
1) My school work comes first. There will be no penalty for being late to practice or a game because you had to finish school work.
2) My family obligations will take precedents over my athletics.
3) I will attend all practices and games, as this will only benefit my individual and team goals. I will provide my coaches with adequate notice if I must be absent.
4) I will, under no circumstances, be disrespectful to coaches, team members, officals or opponents.
5) I will not use curse words.
6) I will not fight.
7) I will win with grace and accept defeat with dignity; and remember that sporting events are for the fun and enjoyment of all.
8) I WILL DEMONSTRATE GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP AT ALL TIMES.